Sunday, October 31, 2010

Plants Versus Zombies

I would like to bring a problem to light that may be soon affecting your own neighborhood.

Zombies

That's right... You heard me. Zombies.
They're coming to eat your brains.

But fear not. Never fear. For your next-door neighbor who wears a pot over his head and everyone thinks is crazy knew this was coming all along and has supplied you with a weapon to defend your lawn from the approaching zombie horde.

Seeds.

But not any seeds. No, no. These grow plants in an instant, and these plants aren't useless. They fire peas at incoming zombies to destroy them! You've survived the first wave, but what about the next? Again, you needn't fear for you get more plants with varied uses to protect that pink squishy thing inside your skull.

...Annnnd that's pretty much the premise for the game Plants Versus Zombies. I got this game a month ago for my laptop and have been addicted to it lately. At its core, this game is basically a grid-based defend-your-castle kinda game and does its genre well. There is a lot of strategy involved and many ways to do it. Tons of game modes, mini-games, and extras that are enjoyable as well. The zombies and plants are cartoon styled and have humorous descriptions in the Zombie Almanac that makes me laugh my ass off sometimes.

Overall, a good game that only costs twenty bucks. And get the collector's edition while you're at it. It's the same price and comes with a zombie figurine. Now, they just need to make a portable version for the DS, and I'll be happy. Well, more like happier.

Or you could not get it and be unprepared for the upcoming zombie Apocalypse. Your choice. Personally, I like my brain in my head and not in a zombie's gut.

No comments:

Post a Comment